- Exciting new role for a Minerals processing leader - gold
- Use your expertise & make an impact on the mineral processing or METS sector
- Manage complex investigations in mineral processing
CSIRO’s Mineral Processing Program is focussed on unlocking the potential of Australian ores and providing technological solutions to the global market. This new role aims at managing the interface between industry, collaborative partners and our research portfolio in the area of processing gold ores and associated metals.
Your duties will include:
- Build CSIRO business and capability in the domain of gold and geologically associated metals to the benefit of Australian minerals industry.
- Maintain a strong sector knowledge base to identify customers and research opportunities.
- Create, plan and deliver major industry focused projects for the processing of Australian ore types and contribute to other significant projects across the Business Unit.
Salary: AU $131,785 - $145,809 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 years specified term
Job reference: 56249
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate, or equivalent research or industry experience, in a field of research appropriate to mineral processing.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and delivering projects with significant impact to the mineral processing or METS sector.
- Proven technical expertise and research management experience in complex investigations in mineral processing.
- Expertise in processing of gold ores and an understanding of gold mineralogy.
- The ability to work effectively as an integral member and/or leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and ability to foster an environment in which there is a high level of co-operation within and between teams.
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce. We recognise that the capability of our people is key to our success and provide the support for our people to develop, grow and reach their full potential. We offer a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly believe that our culture drives performance. Working at CSIRO provides the opportunity to follow a dynamic and challenging career path, an attractive remuneration package, travel, and multiple leave options including paid maternity and parental leave.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
CSIRO Mineral Resources works with industry to grow Australia’s resource base, increase productivity and drive environmental performance. We also provide critical scientific analysis that underpins a growing national dialogue on how resources impact society and the environment.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: 11:59pm, AEST, 6 May 2018