Job no: 497946
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
Categories: Engineering, VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
- Pivotal role coordinating the external repair of equipment for our Loy Yang mine
- Great work life balance – 9-day fortnight
- Work with stakeholders across the mine and business
About the role
Reporting to the Asset Performance Superintendent, this role is responsible for the preparation of orders for the repair of mechanical equipment. Working with a wider team if asset professionals, you will engage with our existing network of repairers to ensure the timely repair of a wide range of mining equipment, with a focus on quality of repairs/rebuilds, documentation and cost control.
- Overseeing lay down area for items requiring repair and proactively coordinating repairs between departments
- Obtaining quotes and preparing order details including ensuring that repair work scopes are developed
- Monitoring repair work with vendors and providing input as required as well as coordinating transport and return of item to stores.
- Ensure that repairs are executed to the required LYM standards as defined in the repair documentation
- Ensure that all repair–related documentation is collated, updated and filed for future
- Ensure selected repairers comply to AGL Standards and contract requirements
- Ensure mechanical components are available for installation as per short and long term maintenance schedules
Key to your success in this role will be your strong trades background and knowledge of maintenance of complex mechanical equipment. You will bring to the role:
- Qualification in a Mechanical / Electrical trade
- Have been involved in / expsored to purchasing / procurement as a part of your trades role
- Have a proven track record working in Maintenance in a heavy industrial environment, ideally with some expsoire to maintenance management
- Expert knowledge in the repair and maintenance of complex mechanical components
- Good knowledge in contractor / vendor management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to efficiently manage suppliers and contractors and ensure internal customer requirements are addressed on a timely basis;
- The ability to prioritise and coordinate numerous activities;
- Strong MS Office, general PC and systems skills in the use of a CMMS (eg SAP, Ellipse, Maximo, etc)
What’s in it for you
You’ll be working onsite at one of Australia largest open cut brown coal mines and will get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, which fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Advertised: 05 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time