Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
As part of Thales Australia, Australian Munitions is the largest supplier of explosive ordnance to the Australian Defence Force, the Mulwala site focuses on high quality propellants, explosives, acid production, and industrial waste treatment.
This Mechanical Maintenance Coordinator role sits within the Modernised Mulwala Facility propellant finishing area and is responsible for the development of best practice maintenance culture across the site, supporting the Mechanical Maintenance Team Leader and coordinating the mechanical trades and contractors as required to carry out maintenance works. This is a hands on role as well as a coordination one.
- Create a best practice culture by driving preventative and predictive maintenance to the facility
- Plan resources and materials for the work
- Assist with organising the required permits prior to commencement of any works
- Ensure the trades have sufficient workflow and ensure processes are adhered to
- Coordinate other trades and contractors and be prepared to be on the tools
- Must have a Mechanical Trade qualification
- Trade experience within a manufacturing setting
- Be self-motivated and committed to continuous improvement in preventative maintenance
- Strong understanding of work permits and clearances
- Good people skills and capable of communicating effectively with trades and production staff
- EWP and forklift licence advantageous
You must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible to obtain a Defence Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
The preferred candidate may also need to undergo a pre-employment medical and police check.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.