As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients. Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £447.0 billion (€503.6 billion/$604.7 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,600 people across six continents who focus on doing just this. We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings. *as at 31 December 2017
The UK Intermediary Marketing Team is responsible for all marketing activity supporting the distribution of Schroders on- and off-shore investments, including investment trusts, through UK intermediaries and to end investors.
The team works closely with internal stakeholders to leverage all aspects of marketing and deliver engaging communications to support the purchase
Overview of role
We require someone to provide maternity cover for a member of the UK Intermediary marketing team.
The role will be a generalist marketing role, working with the UK intermediary channel, targeting financial advisers, wealth managers and retail clients. It has a specific focus on the marketing of our UK investment trust range.
Activities aim to leverage all aspects of the marketing mix to engage with clients: advertising, campaign management, investment communications, event organisation, production of literature, presentations, digital communications, social media, data management and management reporting.
This role requires the building of strong relationships with other areas of the business including sales, sales administration, fund managers, investment communications, PR, RFP, digital marketing and product teams.
• Investment trust marketing programme: Helping provide ideas and manage the implementation of our investment trust marketing programme. This involves tracking against objectives, monitoring, and preparing reports for investment trust boards of directors.
• Intermediary content: Help manage the creation, delivery and monitoring of client communications to agreed KPIs. Work closely with marketing propositions and investment communications team to create ad-hoc, regular and campaign communications through appropriate communication formats.
• Events: Work with stakeholders to deliver engaging client events
• Campaign management: utilise all elements of the marketing mix to reach target audiences:
o Advertising and direct
o Web, social media and email communications
o PR and investment communications
This involves producing and commissioning original material as well as repurposing material to align with market-specific objectives. Individual campaigns will be measured to ensure campaign objectives have been delivered on time and on budget.
• Close working relationships: Develop and manage relationships with sales and business stakeholders to support the delivery of the marketing strategy. Promote closer marketing collaboration with external agencies enabling Schroders to maintain a strong industry reputation and benefit from new opportunities to drive business development.
• Market-relevant material: produce material relevant, prioritising against audience demand and keeping in line with the overall UK marketing strategy. Ensure the provision of product, market, competitor and performance information to advisory clients is relevant, timely, impactful and fit for purpose
• Presentations: Work with product teams to manage creation of event specific presentations, sign off and delivery for intermediary events. At peak times supporting the Marketing Distribution team with approval overflow for day-to-day use by the Sales Team
• Data management: work with the team to track and measure client engagements in the delivery of KPIs
• Compliance and marketing effectiveness: Create and support sign off for a wide range of marketing materials ensuring regulatory, procedural and brand compliance as well as alignment with marketing objectives and strategy. Ensure all content goes through the appropriate sign off process, is effective, appropriate for the audience and up to date
Ideal candidates for the role will have:
• Experience in the financial sector and preferably in asset management marketing
• Knowledge of investment trusts
• Good knowledge of the UK intermediary market
• Experience in copywriting
• A genuine interest in financial markets
• Ability to work autonomously
• A results and action orientated approach; ability to drive projects through to completion delivering clearly defined results or impact
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and verbally
• Effective knowledge of using social media as part of an integrated communication model
• Experience working with Financial Clarity, Citywire Goldmine and other third party communication tools
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, Illustrator)
• Completed the IMC or equivalent
• CIM or other marketing qualifications