We are looking for a Small, Medium and Corporate (SMC) Sales Enablement Marketing Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing plan to drive acquisition, growth and revenue objectives of this segment. The person will work with the wider CMO team, SMB Program Managers, Partners and Sales Leaders to develop and drive the integrated marketing programs across both online and offline channels to drive leads, pipeline and sales.
The SMC Sales Enablement Manager is responsible for orchestrating connected sales and marketing activities for SMC in support of sales outcomes. The Sales Enablement Manager drives the sales connection, providing specific audience insights helping to land Microsoft’s global marketing initiatives (including the Global Demand Centre (GDC)) and driving maximum impact from the global Tier 1 Events, prioritized third party industry events engagements leveraging the Centre of Excellence.
You will engage with local Sales Leaders and sellers to drive visibility of the impact GDC and local activities have on our customers across sales segments including supporting the lead management process with sales teams. You will be obsessed with lead management acting as the bridge between the Integrated Marketing Managers and Sales and Partner teams.
The Sales Enablement Manager will have a clear understanding of the marketplace dynamics and will gather and share market insights, competitor intel and customer research in an attempt to better understand and exploit opportunities in segment. They will develop an annual marketing plan that is interlocked across the business and develop tactical quarterly plans off the back of this which covers content development, events, offers and bundles, PR, nurture and influencer programs.
The person in this role will need to understand the complex nature of buying decision in B2B environments and have insights into key personas of the target audience. The SMB Segment Manager will collaborate with the product, partner and sales teams to create offers and propositions that are relevant for this segment and create content to engage the buyer and move them through the sales cycle.
- Define & deliver annual marketing plan aligned to Score card and business objectives
- Develop value propositioning, positioning and messaging for the SMC segment that is clear and distinctive & differentiated
- Understand the market, competitive landscape, customers. Analysts and influencers
- Develop and execute integrated marketing programs to meet new customer acquisition, cross sell and revenue objectives.
- Sales Enablement – Communicate the value proposition of the products, solutions, programs and events to sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process
- Work with Corp, Comms and PR to develop the content Marketing Strategy for Opinion/Thought leadership, Collateral and Website, Media & PR. Influencers
- Ongoing analytics, reporting & optimization on program and pipeline performance
- Identify the key routes and channels to market to support objectives – digital, event, sales, partners etc
- Understand overall Global Demand Centre program and all relevant Global content, and work across local stakeholders (Integrated Marketing, Experiential, Analytics, and Business Groups) to ensure alignment of local Sales Enablement Activity to the Integrated Marketing plans for the Area.
- Responsible for the lead management process for qualified marketing generated leads, moving them through the pipeline in a timely manner
- Establish ongoing cadence with Sales and leverage standard reporting to continually improve accuracy, streamline processes, and optimize local performance.
- Develop local customer evidence. Surface existing global customer evidence.
- Support Social Selling with the Social Marketing team.
To be successful, the SMC Segment Marketing Manager will use their strong marketing skills and their previous experience working with sales and marketing teams to drive business outcomes. Must have a deep understanding of marketing automation concepts and possess excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills and be comfortable engaging with sales, marketing and technical professionals.
- 5+ years of proven business-to-business marketing and sales experience, preferably in technology marketing, with strong integrated Marketing and marketing operations background. Experience in working at a large global multinational a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) required. MBA degree preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a SMC Segment
- Connected sales and marketing experience & business acumen. Strong understanding of sales priorities and motivations and ability to advocate for marketing in conversations with sales organizations to ensure optimal customer experiences and success.
- Strong executive maturity, presence, and track record of marketing impact and influence. Exceptional oral and written communications skills; proven cross-group collaboration and enduring partnerships.
- Strong analytical capabilities. Innate ability to navigate through a complex matrix organization and lead process changes. Thrive in a fast-paced connected sales and marketing environment.
- Experience with Nurture & Marketing Automation programs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.