The Market Associate’s primary responsibility is to ensure that Expedia Group’s hotel product in their assigned market is competitive, attractive and relevant for our fast-growing global customer base.
In doing so, Market Associates will also continuously work with Expedia Group’s property partners to help them improve the marketing and distribution potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace.
This role is the foundation on which the Market Management team is based. The team ensures that the Expedia Group brands’ global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia Group’s full breadth of global traveler demand.
What you'll do
By providing and analyzing data specific to their market, Market Associates will work closely with hotel partners to:
- Optimize content, rate and availability competitiveness on the Expedia sites to increase customer conversion
- Secure additional lodging rates and availability information over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers’ pressing needs
- Secure promotional offers to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts
- Educate hotel partners on the self-service features available on Expedia Partner Central
- Support Expedia’s business development efforts through smooth onboarding of new hotel partners
- Re-establish relationships with dormant hotel partners
- Support demand generation
- Support research to identify properties not currently listed on the Expedia marketplace
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent
- 0 – 2 years of experience
Drive for results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationships; a great teammate
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Relationship builder; earns the confidence of others
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Demonstrate the ability to work based on a variety of targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by the LPS leadership team
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing skills:
- Proficiency in English
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, ensuring the whole team wins
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.