- Supporting the manufacture of small arms for the civilian and military markets
- Permanent position – opportunity to make a difference
- Located in Lithgow - onsite parking (2 hours from Western Sydney)
About the role:
Lithgow small arms facility designs, develops and manufactures a range of small arms for the civilian and military market place .
The skills and experience that we have at Lithgow are a vital resource and we are developing our business into a world leader in design and manufacturing for both the civilian and military environments.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Team Leader in your area, this role is responsible for ensuring that machining process are maintained and meeting quality and cost are being maintained. You may also be involved in labour management and priority setting.
- Maintain established precision manufacturing process on existing CNC machining centres and lathes
- Take responsibility for the quality of output of the parts manufactured via these process
- Ensure that processes are effectively documented and that process improvement activities are ongoing.
- Identify and support the implementation of Lean Manufacturing practices within the machining activities
Key Skills and Experience:
- Cert III Engineering- Mechanical Trade with experience in the maintenance of precision machining process
- Proven ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Lean Manufacturing practices and awareness and the desire to implement when opportunities arise
- Previous manufacturing knowledge and/or experience on Okuma, Heidenhain ,Fanuc machine controls would be advantageous
Thales in Australia is part of a leading international electronics and systems group serving the Defence, aerospace and space, security, and transport markets domestically and throughout the world.
Our expertise ranges across protected mobility vehicles and integrated communications solutions for defence through to security solutions and systems integration for the commercial sector.
You must be able to obtain an Australian Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Ability to gain a Weapons handling licence under Thales Dealer Licence
A police check and medical are required for this role.
Interested so far? Please click on the “Apply” button below.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!