IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Are you interested in helping companies reinvent themselves and their industries for the digital age? Do you want to leverage your business acumen, understanding of cutting edge technology and agile experienc to help enterprises improve their ability to respond to new and ever-changing business strategy? IBM is developing a world-class Digital Strategy Consulting practice which includes a focus on Enterprise Agility and we are hiring the best talent in the industry.
We are seeking experienced consultants with technology proficiency and business acumen who will drive transformation of business component model, technology ecosystem and operating model at the enterprise level. This role works with senior leaders of our clients who want to reconfigure organisational structure and operating rhythm in the New Ways of Working, as well as modernisation of underpinning platforms and processes.
People in this role are able to design transformation strategy and solution roadmap that enable organizations to successfully adopt New Ways of Working enablers at scale. You must have strong logical reasoning, first principles, business acumen, technology proficiency and agile experience to analyse, design and implement transformation initiatives with stakeholders across all levels. People in this role thrive in ambiguity and are passionate about problem solving and effective communication. Communication. People in this role are not afraid to raise issues, challenge the norm and deal with uncertainty.
Successful candidates will have direct evidence of working as part of a major transformation program as a Senior Consultant or as a Strategist within a large enterprise and/or strategy house. Also, you must have profound understanding of industry recognized agile frameworks, optimisation methodologies and emerging technologies with ability to design and implement strategic enterprise transformation programs. The very best candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to win and insatiable desire to learn and grow. Also, you will exhibit exemplary behaviours and drive cultural change through their action.
- Proactively support the growth of Enterprise Agility and Technology & Data Strategy practice
- Deliver advisory service engagements and drive enterprise transformation at the strategic level
- Define areas of problem or improvement opportunities with clear connection to the solution
- Conduct effective envision, discovery and design session with diverse stakeholder groups
- Analyse data and synthesize insights into stories and journey map
- Devise conceptual solution with principles and construct scalable across the organisation
- Exhibit exemplary agile practices, behaviour and culture
- Upkeep currency of latest agile practices, emerging technology landscape and industry trends
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- 4 years of general consulting or other equivalent business experience
- 1 year of experience working for a large enterprise or top tier consulting firm developing business strategies for clients or leading transformation initiatives or equivalent experience
- 2 years of involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g. emerging technology, data monetisation, business modelling, digital marketing, cognitive processing)
- 1 year of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- In depth experience working with businesses in at least one industry
- Willingness to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week
- Strong academic results, MBA highly desirable
- Fluent in English
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we have kicked off an internal talent strategy program. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.