Managing Consultant - Digital Business Strategy Sydney
IBM partners with business leaders to reimagine their future….
Are you interested in helping companies reinvent themselves and their industries for the digital age? Do you want to leverage your business acumen and understanding of cutting edge digital trends to define a vision and strategy for how businesses will remain competitive and grow? Do you have an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset?
We are seeking talented and highly motivated strategy consultants to join our fast-growing Digital Strategy practice within Global Business Services.
Be part of an innovative team of strategy consultants that help CEOs and the broader C-suite rethink their businesses and develop strategies that drive growth. We help senior executives determine where to compete, how to differentiate, and how to innovate business models by taking advantage of digital and emerging technologies.
We ask bold questions. We use analytics and design thinking to find unique opportunities and help our clients think differently. We develop strategies that are supported by robust business cases to ensure benefits are realized. We design strategies through a digital lens and leverage the vast range of capabilities within IBM to help our clients succeed.
As a Managing Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading one or more workstreams within strategy engagements (focus on digital reinvention, business model innovation and data monetisation)
- Supporting business development activities such as proposal development
- Supporting practice development and thought leadership activities
- Being part of a team that helps our clients build a new vision for their company
- Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value
- Promote IBM’s unique value proposition in the market
- 2+ years of experience working for a top tier strategy consulting firm developing business strategies for clients, or equivalent experience
- 6 years of general consulting or other equivalent business experience
- 1+ year of involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., business modeling, digital marketing, digital growth strategies, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience incorporating design thinking and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation
- In depth experience working with businesses in at least one industry
- Willingness to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week
- Masters in Business Administration (strongly preferred) and/or another Masters or Advanced degree in business or technology
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.