In this Manager/Senior Manager level role, you will be supporting Macquarie's operating groups by providing tax technical advice and assistance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Analysing new business transactions, proposals, disposals and restructures and provide advice on the Australian tax implications.
- Liaising with external advisers, overseas Macquarie tax teams, indirect tax teams and transfer pricing colleagues in order to ensure that advice provided to the business units is complete.
- Providing technical tax advice in relation to central matters within Macquarie Group eg capital structure, funding, thin capitalisation, TOFA, CFCs etc
- Assisting with managing Australian legislative change to ensure Macquarie remains compliant and that the impact of legislative change is correctly forecast and reported to senior management.
- Consideration of holding and funding structures to identify tax implications
- Assisting with central projects including ATO private ruling applications
- Performing technical review of aspects of the Australian consolidated income tax return for Macquarie Group Limited, which covers a broad range of corporate tax concepts including TOFA, tax consolidation, CFCs, OBU, capital allowances, thin capitalisation, losses and foreign tax offset provisions
- Providing timely and critical tax technical input into various tax reporting processes
In order to be successful in this role, you will demonstrate very strong corporate tax technical skills as well as broad financial accounting knowledge. A CA and/or Masters of Taxation qualification is preferred and you will bring experience gained at a similar level within a Tax division of a large corporate/Big 4 chartered accounting firm/law firm. We encourage applications on a full time, part-time or job share basis.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.