Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Salary:$103,154.00 - $110,613.00 per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
HUMAN CAPITAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Health & Wellbeing, you will be a key member of the team and will work closely with QFES senior management, staff, volunteers and external stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes from QFES safety & wellbeing policy, practices and initiatives.
- Experience and/or formal qualification in Workplace Safety, Workplace Investigation, Health Promotion, Risk Management, or related areas would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of legislation and regulatory frameworks related to Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Your Key Accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Lead and manage a team of specialist Safety & Wellbeing Officers in the delivery of systems and strategies across QFES, to ensure the health and wellbeing of staff and volunteers.
- Drive the development, delivery and evaluation of safety and wellbeing programs, tools and initiatives to improve the safety and wellbeing literacy, capacity and outcomes across QFES in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Provide high level strategic advice to QFES senior managers on safety and wellbeing obligations, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Research and prepare complex submissions, briefs, reports and correspondence relating to QFES health and wellbeing responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain collaborative networks and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to promote positive outcomes for QFES, including representing QFES on committees, working groups and whole-of-government forums.
- Lead investigations and manage practices and processes in regards to near misses.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following leadership and management behavioural competencies Queensland Public Service Workforce Capability Success Profile that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Workforce Capability Success Profile Category– Team Leader
Performance through Vision
- Understands how their team’s work aligns to organisational objectives
- Manages ambiguity
- Implements change
- Understands customers’ perspectives and works across boundaries
- Drives continuous improvement
Performance through Results
- Manages team performance
- Manages internal and external relationships
- Builds team capability
- Inspires individual and team commitment in the pursuit of results
Performance through Accountability
- Models professional and ethical behaviour
- Displays rigour in advice
- Applies business management skills
- Commits to personal development
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES core values:
Want more information?
Please contact Nicole Wright, A/Executive Manager, Safety and Wellbeing on phone 0438 450 025 or email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.