- Shape the future of Enterprise Assurance at NAB!
- Seeking a highly motivated and proactive people leader with an extensive Regulatory Compliance background
- Lead a team of Regulatory specialists
For more than 150 years, we’ve been helping our customers with their money.
Today, we have more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
So what’s this role about?
Reporting to the Head of AML, Sanctions, Regulatory and Compliance, the Manager, Regulatory Compliance, will lead a team of specialists to provide specialist advice and guidance in relation to regulatory compliance matters, and to support the enterprise in managing regulatory requests where technical expertise is required
You will be confidently able to…
Lead a team to provide specialist advice and guidance in the following areas:
- Develop and drive evolution of NAB’s approach to regulatory compliance at an enterprise level and ensure strong and effective management of compliance risk
- Complete regulatory compliance uplift initiatives
- Build controls as part of work programs / initiatives / remediation to ensure they are compliant with regulatory obligations
- Manage regulatory compliance events as part of event management process, generate and communicate insights where appropriate
- Regulatory responses that are technical in nature and where enterprise level input is required to ensure completeness and consistency (and provide assurance support over such responses where appropriate)
- Translate 2nd line regulatory compliance policies and frameworks into practice
- Lead and influence senior stakeholders to achieve strong sustainable outcomes for the management of compliance risk.
- Contribute technical compliance knowledge to the strategic longer term development of a sustainable enterprise wide enhance compliance risk management framework ensuring that NAB is in the best position to fully comply with its legal and regulatory obligations.
To be successful in the role:
You will be able to demonstrate strong business analytic skills and have a background in risk, compliance or assurance. A tertiary qualification in law will be an advantage. You will be highly motivated, a self-starter who thrives on tight deadlines and demonstrates attention to detail. You will have strong communication, influencing and stakeholder engagement skills enabling you to hit the ground running and adapt a proactive approach to solutions.
Key experience and skills include:
- Extensive experience in managing regulatory compliance and/or legal practice including in-house corporate position.
- Strong knowledge of risk management and compliance disciplines.
- Strong understanding of compliance obligations, emerging changes, issues and opportunities in financial services.
- Proactive and strong management of compliance risks. Ability to derive insights, drive improvement opportunities and being agile in approach of managing compliance and regulatory risks.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of specialists
- Practical approach to solving issues with strong commercial acumen.
- A sound understanding of the regulatory framework affecting financial services entities within Australia
- Ability to manage team’s deliverables and drive completion dates from internal services and stakeholders
Please note, interviews may take place prior to the closing date, so if you are ready to take the next step in your career we are keen to hear from you today.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time