At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.BHP’s Port in Port Hedland is one of the largest bulk material port facilities in the world, the Port has been operating for over 50 years and has ambitions to continue delivering value for all of our stakeholders for another 50 years. This role is a key position for the company in delivering all of our Iron Ore annual throughput to our customers.
Reporting to the General Manager Port and a key member of the Port Leadership Team your role include:
- Living Our Charter Values and Code of Business Conduct
- Inspiring your people to uphold and deliver on the highest of safe working standards, practices and behaviour to guarantee our people go home safely everyday;
- Providing the leadership to support a culture in which engagement, inclusion and diversity thrive, so that everyone is motivated and supported to realise their full potential;
- Embedding improvement into our culture to deliver sustainable year on year performance and improvement;
- Leading the implementation of the BHP Operating System (BOS) – our way of working, inspiring and communicating an exciting vision for the future;
- Enhancing relationships with all internal and external stakeholders;
- Developing teams and capability including talent pipelines, building a sustainable team and succession planning within the department;
- Ensuring our long-term strategy and plans are delivered whilst managing shorter-term performance including supply chain performance through operational and maintenance activities;
- Accountability for loading of all WAIO Iron Ore onto ships consistently according to the Plan whilst demonstrating an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development;
- Building cost ownership and accountability to deliver across both Capital and Operating Budgets;
- Undertaking statutory responsibility under both the Mines Act and AMSA including being able to hold an MSIC card.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Process related technical discipline with operational experience at Superintendent / Manager level;
- A tertiary / business related qualification or experience in related field will be advantageous;
- Previous experience in leading large teams in the production and/or operation of mining and/or materials handling equipment, supplemented by exposure to a business improvement type role;
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and manage performance of employees whilst creating an inclusive culture;
- Presentation skills to a standard suitable for Senior Management Teams in both verbal and written formats;
- Previous Supply Chain experience and ability to demonstrate understanding of the whole value chain company and the process by which the maximum value is extracted;
- An understanding of operations/maintenance planning, processing and contractor management;
- Previous exposure to Continuous improvement methodologies (Six Sigma and Lean);
- Current full west Australian ‘C’ class licence motor licence or equivalent Australian state motor vehicle licence.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations. The 20,000-strong population enjoy well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini National Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Reference – 63207 - We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately - #LIWAThis opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.