At the University of Newcastle, our staff are curious. We think big, see opportunity and are open to ideas and ask why. We share wisdom and partner with colleagues in Australia and around the globe to create an enduring impact. And we're courageous - bold thinkers who have the confidence to take risks and to inspire change.
We attract, foster and retain remarkable professional staff who actively contribute to our reputation.
Callaghan is located on 140 hectares of natural bushland. We have a reputation for having one of the most naturally beautiful campuses in Australia and is 12kms from beaches and the heart of Newcastle.
UON Global is responsible for delivering the university’s international aspirations and lead strategies in achieving UON’s NeW Futures 2025 vision. The lead strategies include iLead Plus, Destination UON, Global Mobility and Employability and A Global Partner of Choice
Is NEW for you?
Maintain and develop new programs and business models for study abroad, exchange and scholarships in close collaboration, consultation and partnership with faculty and divisions. In this role you will increase quality, funding for and revenue of outbound and inbound student mobility opportunities and deliver a quality customer service experience for recipients of scholarships funded by Governments and Sponsors.
This role is full time, fixed term for 14 months, parental leave cover.
What will you do?
- Lead the strategy development and planning to increase revenue for inbound study abroad in collaboration with faculties and divisions;
- Be accountable for the enhancement and growth of outbound student mobility.
- Be accountable for reciprocal student exchange balances and quota planning.
- Ensure planning and budgeting of resources results in the optimisation of available scholarships and mobility opportunities to achieve GPP 2.0 and UON Strategic goals.
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in developing initiatives to enhance scholarship and mobility opportunities for international and domestic students.
- You hold a postgraduate qualification or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of core university systems, such as those that exist for information and analytics (PowerBI, NINA), Student administration (NuStar, TRIM) and finance (TechOne).
- Demonstrated experience (5 years minimum) in the administration of outbound student mobility including semester exchange and short-term opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience (5 years minimum) in the administration of inbound Study Abroad and exchange admissions.
- Clear, proven understanding of the international education market including thorough knowledge of university and higher education policies and external environment, and have overseas work experience.
For a full job description visit:-
Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
What NEW can offer?
From a flexible working environment to discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits including salary packaging. You can learn more about these at:-
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The remuneration is from $94,839 to $110,645 pa + 9.5% super and is commensurate with experience.
Your next steps
Click on 'Apply for this job'. Your application will be assessed on selection criteria. Read all information about the role so you understand what is required. In addition:
- Follow all directions and complete all necessary fields of the application; and
- In your selection criteria demonstrate clearly how your skills and experience meet each point and should be a maximum of four pages.
Closing Date: Sunday 21st October 2018