BHP is establishing Operations Services – a new team of employees who will provide production and maintenance services that have previously been performed by external contractors. We are investing in our team to take your skills and career to places you never thought possible. This is an exciting time for BHP. Are you ready to make your place? An opportunity, Logistics and Resources Manager, has arisen for a seasoned professional specialising in logistics, accommodation and resource management for a large front line workforce. You will be responsible for leading the logistics and resource deployment function ensuing safe and optimised movement of front line whilst managing all Non Processing Infrastructure (NPI) and Global Business Travel (GBT) related matters for Operation Services.
Your Key Accountabilities include:
- Manage NPI & GBT strategy and execution across MinAu for accommodation, housing, busing, chartered flights and logistics.
- Manage the integration of OS NPI into broader NPI teams across the assets in MinAu.
- Lead the strategic Resource Planning process for OS and manage the integration of OS NPI planning into broader BHP planning cycle.
- Lead the logistics and Resource Deployment function to ensure the right employees are deployed to the right location at the right time.
- Manage the interface with technology for Work Force Management tool performance, reliability and business continuity.
- Support the development of new business cases by providing optimal logistics and resources solutions.
- Provide forecast to broader MinAu NPI teams to ensure OS NPI requirements are met on a timely manner.
- Manage Employee engagement by ensuring resource deployment and NPI needs are met across different assets.
- Take part in supply contract and commercial negotiations on behalf of the business to ensure Logistics and Resources requirements are met.
- Control the reporting and analysis of key Logistics and Resources performance to monitor performance to delivery objectives
- Ensure Logistics and Resources team objectives are achieved within budget.
- Ensure employee value proposition is realised within Logistics and Resources team and cultural values are instilled.
- Actively engage with stakeholders and manage impact of change across different NPI assets in MinAu.
With significant experience in mining and resources sector and NPI/GBT experience, you will demonstrate:
- Strong organisational skills to effectively juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines;
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with a proven ability to engage, manage and build relationships with senior stakeholders;
- Creativity with the ability to think outside the box to achieve outcomes;
- Understanding of tactical decision making and prioritising for value;
- Experience and ability to with work with large number of stakeholders; and
- Commercial negotiation, FIFO accommodation and logistics experience.
Working with a dynamic team dedicated to continuous improvement, your diversity of thought and practical experience will be embraced. You will be empowered to unlock higher performance to make a real difference to our business.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.