Job Overview/Purpose:Rabobank Australia and New Zealand Group has an ambitious growth strategy and aims to be the bank with the highest level of client satisfaction in its target market. Our Banking for Food strategy provides a business framework around the pillars ‘access to finance’, ‘access to networks’ and ‘access to knowledge’.
With Networks and Knowledge being integral parts of our strategy, they require focus at strategic marketing level. Demonstrating our strengths in this area sets us clearly apart from any competitor and directly proves our capabilities in ‘access to finance’, ‘access to networks’ and ‘access to knowledge’ Knowledge and Networks add value to existing client interactions and relationships and aims to open new business opportunities.
This role is critical in leveraging our competitive advantage and delivering results to the business. You will be fundamental in developing and executing an integrated marketing activation strategy to reach business objectives of Rabobank Australia and New Zealand Group across Country Banking, Wholesale and RaboDirect.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:1)Knowledge Events and Partnerships
• Manage with the activation and leveraging of sector strategies in relation to Rabobank’s sponsorships, knowledge partnerships, knowledge exchange programs (tours) and VE client events
• Maximise opportunities to gain exposure and showcase our global networks and knowledge offerings through strategic and linked activations in specific sectors to support CB business development
o Identify and initiate opportunities around existing and new sponsorships/partnerships to demonstrate the Rabobank’s access to knowledge and networks, focussing on building customer experience across Country Banking, Wholesale and RaboDirect activities
o Plan and manage the activation components of these sponsorships and client events conjunction with Marketing and local regions/branches or sector groups
o Participate in the planning, activation and delivery of sector group knowledge tours (inbound and outbound) to ensure maximum impact and success and QA
• Promote and communicate Rabobank’s activities and engagement both to internal and external audiences using online, media, and direct mail channels.
2) Flagship Brand Events
• Be actively involved with the K&N team with planning, promotion and delivery of the Rabobank brand projects such as
o Leadership Awards
o Major Events such as F2F, F20 or similar
3) Knowledge Programs
• Support the continued growth and success of the Business Management Programs in becoming involved and informed about the program content, the participants and the Alumni group and developing new ideas to leverage our BMP network.
• Promote programs throughout the Ag sectors and networks and event activation
• Work with Global colleagues to deliver initiatives such as the Global Farmers Master Class & Alumni programs
4) Financial Co-ordination and Reporting
• Negotiation with sponsorship/partnership proposals to achieve best possible outcome and maximum return on investment
• Manage event activation and budgets
• Recording expenses and income, reconciliation of the budgets including tracking of accounts and invoices and liaison with internal finance as required
• Report on survey / feedback results and incorporate feedback into continual QA & improvement
5) Administration and Data Management
• Under take administration as required for delivery of specific programs and events
• Be responsive to data information management, ensuring records, processes and procedures are followed and are up to date.
• Process improvement where applicable and optimal in creating efficiencies and impact
Core Competencies:Business Knowledge:
•Basic knowledge and understanding of:
•Rabobank departments and internal relationships
•Logistics and planning
•Administration and organisational skills
• Ability to estimate client needs and translate these into a concrete and effective marketing campaigns.
• Ability to build strong internal and external business relationships.
• Contributing to a joint result based on the philosophy of reciprocal value creation.
• Seeking collaboration and supporting others.
• Showing commitment to the joint objective and acting accordingly.
• Sharing information and knowledge with others.
• Achieving and connecting synergies.
• Strives for results
• Is self motivated
• Takes responsibility for actions and actively seeks to improve continuously
• Builds relationships with key stakeholders and 3rd parties
• Proactively problem solves to ensure smooth running of all activities
• Collaborator and a strong contributor to team culture & dynamic.
• Confident communication style
• Demonstrate time management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationship
• Good accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to carry out a variety of responsibilities and tasks without the need for constant supervision
• Understands when to ask questions
• Self motivated with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• A strong work ethic, a flexible approach, energy and enthusiasm
• Provide professional and friendly service at all times
• An active contributor to team with good initiative
Job Skills and Knowledge:Essential:
• Previous experience and thorough understanding of marketing and promotions with focus on events and sponsorship
• Previous Agricultural related roles and understanding of industry and our clients’ needs
• Demonstrates strong preference to new ideas and solutions to leverage opportunities
• Ability to work in fast-paced, autonomous environment and ensuring effective planning and project management
• Ability to take responsibility for results and actively seeks to improve continuously
• Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal to effectively liaise and communicate with external and internal audiences
• Experience managing internal and external stakeholder and third party providers
• Budget management experience
• Knowledge of or exposure to Agriculture of Primary production
• Degree qualified in business admin, marketing or events.
• Degree qualified in communications, marketing, events, tourism or business
• 6+ years’ experience in an management role with proven success
• Prior Experience in strategic and tactical sponsorship, Marketing, Business events or related discipline
• Media and comms experience