- Exciting new opportunity available in Melbourne for a Manager Financial Crime Controls
- Provide specialist skills and guidance in the design of processes and controls
- Create a centre of excellence for advice on the control of financial crime compliance obligations and risks
At NAB we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of expectations. Our passion about creating value and exceeding our customers' expectations means we're constantly striving to redefine our standards of excellence.
What is this role all about?
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within the Enterprise Controls team.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Regulatory Controls, as the Manager Financial Crime Controls you and your team will provide specialist skills and guidance in the design of processes and controls to meet financial crime regulatory obligations (AML,/CTF, Sanctions & ABC). This role is critical in driving understanding and change to create a centre of excellence for the design and uplift of NAB's regulatory controls infrastructure.
What will I be responsible for?
You will manage a team that provides specialist advice, guidance and direction to the business across the enterprise, via embedded Management Assurance (MA) and Process Owners for the design of financial crime controls that drive the improvement of NAB’s approach to regulatory compliance. To ensure strong and effective management of compliance obligations by:
Interpreting regulatory obligations and/or 2nd Line regulatory compliance policies and frameworks to:
Document control descriptions as part of work programs / initiatives / remediation to ensure compliance.
Assessing control design for controls linked to obligations created outside work programs / initiatives / remediation to ensure compliance.
Conducting business impact assessments and financial crime risk assessments for proposed business change e.g. new products, services, customer segments.
Skills and experience required to excel in this role:
To be successful in this role you will be required to demonstrate strong business analytic skills and have a background in financial crime risk, compliance and/or assurance. You will be highly motivated, a self-starter who thrives on tight deadlines and demonstrates attention to detail. You will have strong communication, influencing and stakeholder engagement skills enabling you to hit the ground running and adapt a proactive approach to solutions. You will have an ability to write briefing documents to senior management. You will have shown an ability to manage teams of skilled professionals. This role has 4 direct reports, at Group 3 & 4 level.
- 10+ years’ experience in managing or assuring financial crime compliance processes.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a team of people in the delivery of business outcomes
- Experience in core banking processes that are subject to high levels of financial crime regulation.
- Strong knowledge of risk management and compliance disciplines.
- Practical approach to solving issues with strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
How to apply
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please apply via the link.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 07 Dec 2018 9:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Dec 2018 5:00 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time