The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system. Those who are involved in the activities of the Bank have an important role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting role.
This position is part of our Information Technology Department. Information Technology is responsible for transforming and developing the core IT functions that support the Reserve Bank's policy, operational and corporate objectives. This role will be responsible for the highly available database ecosystem, including development and execution of strategies to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness for our enterprise database systems. You will lead a medium size team of experienced Senior Database Administrators.
The following activities will be part of your responsibilities:
- Provide consultancy to achieve effective implementation.
- Ensure the satisfactory performance of all enterprise Databases.
- Ensure the availability of data, whilst maintaining adequate safeguards and security.
- Advise on the acquisition of new Database software.
- Implement and monitor any security measures that effect the organisation's Database systems.
- Provide expertise to the development of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan surrounding the organisation's database systems.
- Coordinate incident response teams to resolve IT problems that have exceeded typical service levels or result in significant business disruption.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and best practice in the areas of responsibility.
- Establish effective interfaces to other teams in IT to ensure that end to end service quality is maintained to high standards in operational and project outcomes.
Experience required for this position:
- Experience in a similar position within a financial organisation is essential.
- Strong people leadership and management skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Oracle or Microsoft SQL database technologies.
- Advanced knowledge in associated Database programming languages (such as PL/SQL, SQL, CICS).
- Advanced knowledge in one or more major operating system platforms (Windows Server, Linux).
If you are the right candidate, we offer you an opportunity where you can be part of a team with real opportunities to grow your career in an organisation that truly makes a difference to the Australian people. You will also have access to excellent benefits!
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed but is not essential.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.