At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster, with residential or DIDO options available.
About the role
We are currently looking to hire multiple technicians in our Mine Maintenance department.
The position will report to the Supervisor of the Mobile Fleet team. You will work closely with Mine personnel, within a work shop environment as well as underground. The suited candidate will be helping with both planned and unplanned maintenance issues, as well as help ensuring all plant downtime issues are escalated and rectified ASAP.
In this role you will:
Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day.
Assist with any planned maintenance and complete tasks in a timely manner
Provide mechanical trade skills to perform unplanned or breakdown maintenance
Be working primarily with CAT AD55 and CAT AD60 trucks as well as R2900/R3000 loaders
Maintain equipment on the surface or as part of the underground team
Work with your team to a high level of accountability and be able to build strong team relationships
Provide Feedback to the Shift Maintenance Supervisors on Job progress
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Underground experience highly regarded
- Experience with Atlas Copco, Caterpillar, Sandvik machinery preferred
- Must have solid time management skills and be able to prioritise
- Need to be safety minded, with proven ability to demonstrate HSEC behaviours
- Be a team player, but able to work effectively unsupervised and be highly self-motivated
- Ability to communicate well across multiple levels and disciplines
- Hold a Diesel Mechanic trade and experience with Heavy Machinery
- Rigger, Dogger, Crane, FL and Bridge & Gantry tickets, also advantageous
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 17th June 2018.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.