Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As our next Maintenance Planner at our Solomon mine site project, and reporting to the Maintenance Planning Superintendent, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
This is a site based role operating on an 8/6 roster FIFO from Perth that will see you thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Produce, review and maintain rolling monthly, quarterly and annual plans as well as equipment specifications, tyres and undercarriage tracking files
- Maintain currency and accuracy of equipment maintenance history, work orders, job records database and technical information on processes, plant and equipment.
- Identify potential work using an effective condition monitoring program and financial package-based work programs; providing guidance and support to the Superintendents and Supervisors
- Develop weekly-agreed maintenance plans using equipment strategies to facilitate maximum production and minimise downtime and costs to meet plant availability and reliability targets.
- Align other maintenance activities such as defects and breakdown repairs with periodic maintenance and provide updates on a weekly basis.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Planner in mobile plant operations
- Relevant trade qualification preferably Diesel Fitting or an Engineering qualification
- Exposure to large mobile plant operations in a mining environment
- Sound Understanding of Western Australian Workplace Health and Safety Act, Regulations and where applicable Codes of Practice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in financial and mine scheduling packages
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.