Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Associate to join our dispute resolution team in Sydney. The successful candidate will have experience as a Senior Associate in general commercial litigation within a top-tier firm, respected mid-tier firm, or in-house. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of matters, which may include general commercial litigation, international arbitration, construction litigation, class actions, and financial services litigation. The successful candidate will work closely with Sydney partners as well as having the opportunity to work on cross-national and cross-border disputes, advising our blue chip client base in a range of industry sectors.
We have acted for many of the world's leading companies on their most significant disputes and investigations. Our teams work seamlessly and collaboratively across geographic boundaries. Our team is equally at home operating in national courts, in domestic or international arbitrations, or before specialist tribunals.
"We knew we were always going to get the best from Ashurst: they really understand our business, you can trust them to raise all the right issues and we felt we had the best possible protection." - Chambers Asia Pacific, 2016
More information on the role and team can be found in the Job Description attached to the role on our website www.ashurst.com/en/careers
Desired Skills and Experience:
To succeed in this role you will need:
- 5-10 years' dispute resolution experience gained within a top-tier firm, respected mid-tier firm, or in-house.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior drafting ability.
- A commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills.
- The ability to be team-focused, provide leadership and mentoring to the juniors in the team whilst also work independently.
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service, and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.