To be successful you will need to have a Technical Degree (STEM) which is mandatory for these roles; ideally in Engineering or Information Technology. A Master degree is highly desirable and often the norm amongst applicants aiming for entry at this level. Some other formal requirements and desirable attributes include:
- Be a proactive, motivated, self starter with the ability to manage a large and diverse group pf stakeholders, to influence outcomes
- Experience in large-scale production systems and the solution architectural principles associated with them is essential.
- Experience in vertical business integration with PLC control systems, MES, Historian, etc.
- Strong understanding of MES, Industrial Automation and Control Systems is essential
- Strong understanding of wireless OT technologies is highly desirable
- Conversant and passion for Information Technologies, Operational Technologies or Engineering Technologies is essential.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.