About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. The business is currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry and has twice been named as one of Australia’s Top 10 most innovative businesses by BRW Magazine.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke is recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Specialist. Based in our North Sydney head office this role will require travel to projects and remote areas to assist with setup and support of IT services on our construction sites.
You will be responsible for the implementation of Windows based systems as well as providing 2nd and 3rd level support to our users across Australia, with some 1st level work for our local users where required. Other key responsibilities include:
- Project setup work i.e. establish IT services - server implementation, basic networking configuration
- Installing, managing and maintaining networking devices
- Installing, managing and maintaining server (hardware & software) to meet business and SOE requirements, ensuring availability and optimum performance
- Maintaining a secure networking environment by monitoring and reporting security breaches and any unauthorised data access
You will have
A strong customer focus with relevant industry qualifications or tertiary degree combined with previous experience in a similar role. Other required skills include:
- Strong Windows Server skills (Windows OS, Hyper-V, Dell). Microsoft certification desirable;
- Good understanding of networking. Cisco certification desirable;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Good understanding of ITIL, including change management processes; and
- Current Australian Driver’s license.
At Laing O'Rourke we work hard to create an environment that brings out the very best in our people. We believe in building careers amid a safe, connected and innovative culture – not just creating jobs.
We want to equip all our people with the skills they need to be part of a dynamic Engineering Enterprise.
We have our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to industry-leading learning tools to help every employee acquire the core competencies and skills needed to excel in this fast-changing environment.
We have committed to a number of policies and programs to improve our gender composition, including our industry-leading paid parental leave policy, where the primary carer is entitled to 26 weeks of paid leave, 18 of which are at full pay and eight weeks at half pay.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.