At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.This position will work on our Lifestyle Roster, working a pattern of days and nights, with a block of days off at the end of each swing.
Employees on this roster enjoy two full weekends off out of four and will align to the following shift rotation: 2D2N5X, 2D3N4X, 3D2N5X. Shifts are 12.5 hours including handover, and you will benefit from additional shift allowances, as part of your remuneration package. As an added benefit, those on a Lifestyle Roster will also enjoy an additional week of annual leave per year.
As Priority Support Specialist, your key accountabilities will include:
- Act as an escalation point for Service Disruptions in the Integrated Remote Operations Centre and site operations and drive resolution to meet SLAs.
- Ensure service disruptions in Production Systems incidents are resolved rapidly, by providing triage, managing escalation paths and co-ordinating resolution, following the Incident Management processes.
- Provide a critical first responder and customer care function (24x7x365) for user requests and service restoration for all production systems and IROC users on the Control Floor (12 hour shifts).
- Initiate and maintain regular communications with IROC Operations, Production Systems stakeholders, Technology group relating to Service Restoration disruptions and updates.
- Contribute and coordinate maintenance activities the Operations Centre to minimise impact to end users and support Technology life cycle management.
- Execute business unit disaster/service recovery plans and actively participate in the regular tests as required
- Participate in the handover of new / updated services into Production Systems from project delivery teams to ensure operational integrity
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Production Systems Technology KMDB core support documentation
To be successful in this role, you will have significant experience in operational support of mission critical services in large scale environments, preferably mining/resources. You will be a highly logical thinker and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (including root-cause analysis) with the ability to prioritise effectively in a high-pressure environment.
You will be a multi-tasking team player who can quickly and effectively assess the business impact of changes and incidents. Your oral and written communication skills will be fine-tuned, and you will demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels.
As the preferred candidate, you will ideally have a trade/tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Business, Engineering or related discipline. Familiarity with SAP and ServiceNow (or similar ITSM systems) is advantageous, as is experience supporting or implementing continuous improvement initiatives. Demonstrable technical writing skills (i.e. work instructions) and ITIL experience will also be advantageous in this role.
Additionally, operational familiarity with some or all of the following applications is highly desirable:
- Fleet Management systems (Minestar Fleet, Modular Dispatch)
- SCADA systems (Citect SCADA)
- Digital radio systems (DAMM Tetra, Motorola P25)
- CCTV Management applications (March, Indigovision)
- Access Management systems (RightCrowd Suresite, Gallagher)
- Rail Scheduling tools
- Historian tools (OSIsoft PI Systems, Uniformance Process History Database)
- Delay Accounting System / AMPLA
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.