Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
Ashurst has a market-recognised reputation as one of Australia's leading intellectual property practices, providing a complete range of legal services in both contentious and non-contentious matters, to high-profile clients in industries as diverse as pharmaceutical, biotechnology, banking, mining, energy, resources and engineering, medical devices, consumer and luxury goods, food and drink, telecommunications, retail and publishing.
Our IP team acts on Australia's most significant IP disputes and commercial transactions, including those in the patent, copyright, trade mark and advertising spheres. All of our IP partners are recognised in directories for their expertise in IP law. Our IP team collaborates and works co-operatively on a national and international basis to serve clients around Australia and throughout the world, including with our dedicated IP team in London.
We have a market-leading patent and technology advisory, transactional and disputes practice, advising on all aspects of patent law and related areas. We have a full service trade marks practice, covering searching, filings, portfolio management, oppositions, anti-counterfeiting and enforcement. We work with patent attorneys in patent prosecution, but we handle opposition proceedings and infringement and revocation litigation. We also provide freedom to operate advice and product clearance, and provide related regulatory advice. We also draft and negotiate patent licence, technology transfer and commercialisation agreements.
We are looking for an experienced IP Senior Associate with very strong technical skills, to join the IP practice based in our Melbourne office.
More information on the role and team can be found in the Job Description attached to the role on our website www.ashurst.com/en/careers
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience across all areas of contentious and non-contentious IP, or alternatively experience focusing on one or more specialist areas within IP, such as patents and patent litigation, trade marks and commercial IP
• 6 years' PQE experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Superior technical and drafting ability
• A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate effectively
• Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills
• The ability to be team-focused and also work independently
• A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.