At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Invoice Verification is undertaken in order to ensure that claims and charges for WAIO Maintenance Services Contracts have been accurately incurred and reflect what has been requested and delivered in accordance with the applicable contract.
In this one year fixed term role, you will report to the Superintendent, Contract Performance within WA Iron Ore Maintenance, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group and Business Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- Accurately determine Contractor Classification
- Review incoming payment claims
- Escalate contractual exception issues
- Manage Contractor invoice performance issues
- Minimise the risk of incurring charges in excess of that rightfully due
- Drive a culture of process discipline within Contractors with respect to cost management
Location You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess some of the following or be interested in developing the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in; Commerce/Economics/Law and/or similar are desirable
- Experience in a similar role with exposure to Services Contracts
- Sound understanding of contract terms and conditions
- Advanced competency in Excel is highly desirable
- Proficiency with Business Management Systems/Procure to Pay processes (preferably SAP)
- Strong Commercial acumen and financial literacy
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Exposure to business safety management systems and/or processes
- Ability to work with a diverse and inclusive team
- Developing and maintaining customer and vendor relationships.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Reference – 68607
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- BHP Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply