HomeAway Marketing Intern - Sydney
As a Marketing Intern, you’ll be responsible for improving the organization and quality of the 40k+ property database. The position will be within the Marketing Department.
We are seeking for an eager and resourceful individual interested in Marketing, responsible for the content management, organization, and classification for all our listed HomeAway/Stayz properties(40k+) to join the HomeAway team. This role will assist with a wide variety of marketing administration with a key focus on property content management.
This role requires creativity as well as strong written communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently and alongside others, interacting with marketing and support team members.
What you’ll do:
- The output of this project will result in more efficient marketing project execution and further improve the visibility of our properties by classification (category, size, location, etc.) and quality of listing
- Review and evaluate the current HomeAway property database
- Identify, classify, and segment the current database for team access
- Upon completion of this project, this individual will present a demonstration of this new content management system to the greater Marketing group
- Assist the Marketing team with ad hoc departmental administration
- Work with numerous departments within the HomeAway business, but primary responsibility remains in the Marketing Dept
Who you are:
Experience & Skills
- Entry level general skills
- Effectively communicate recommendations to management
- Communications skills to engage wider business
- Know-how in working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- High standards of computer literacy and keyboarding skills. Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or equivalent industry experience.
- High Impact Communication, clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas in a focused and compelling way.
- Customer focus, ensuring that the customer perspective influences marketing initiatives
- Building partnerships, by identifying opportunities and taking action to build relationships to help achieve marketing goals
- Adaptability to maintain effectiveness in a dynamic environment
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible and able to work within a changing environment
- Strong problem-solving ability
Relationships & Authority
- Report into the local area Brand Manager in the Sydney office
- Supported by the Marketing Director ANZ and Traveller Marketing Manager ANZ
- Close working relationship with the Traveller, Partner Marketing teams, and Partner Success teams
- Coordinate with internal teams as required
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-RT1 ? ? ?
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.