• Join a proactive and dynamic team
• Milsons Point location
We have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Communications Manager to join the Business Services division at Roads and Maritime Services. In this role you will partner with all internal divisions to and manage, coordinate and delivers a broad range of internal communication services within the Corporate Communications branch
As a member of the Corporate Communications team you will focus on managing the interface with customers, employees and government stakeholders (including cluster and other government agency partners). In this dynamic and fast paced role, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and enhancing strong professional working relationships with senior management, divisions and externally with other agencies and government stakeholders
- Ensuring targeted employees and stakeholders are communicated to in a clear and timely manner on the agency’s plans, projects, performance, opportunities and risks.
- Managing the development, implementation and evaluation of internal corporate communication plans, initiatives, events and campaigns
The ideal candidate will be a true leader who can manage and organise resources to meet competing priorities. If you are a strong communicator and can present and translate complex and technical information we would love to hear from you
Roads and Maritime Services is one of Australia's leading public sector agencies, with more than 5,500 employees and an annual budget of $5.5 billion.
As part of Transport for NSW we are responsible for implementing strategic and essential frontline services to the people of NSW who use roads, harbours and waterways.
We improve the movement of people by various transport modes, including public transport (bus and ferry), cycling and walking, as well as motor vehicles. We also deliver initiatives to improve the movement of goods on the freight network, by improving accessibility and infrastructure, with a focus on reliability, productivity and safety initiatives.
We offer diverse and challenging career opportunities for professional and technical specialists, trades, and people interested in making a difference to transport operations and road safety in New South Wales.
When you join Roads and Maritime Services, you become part of a forward-thinking organisation that will offer you generous working conditions, flexible working options and a real commitment to developing your skills.
As the key agency in NSW for road safety, traffic management and planning, road building and maintenance, as well as improving maritime safety, we want our staff to reach their full potential.
Remuneration package: RMS USS Grade 11 ($132,140 - $140,996), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Our commitment to Diversity
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
How to apply
Click on APPLY button. For further information, please visit our internet site Roads & Maritime or to view the position description and Applicant Information Pack please click on links provided.
For any enquiries, please contact Josephine Basilio on 0475 833 339 and quote 00005ZMS
Applications close: 11.59pm, Sunday 25 March 2018
For technical support please ring 1800 562 679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Mon – Fri 9am till 5pm
Key Application ResponsesWhen preparing your application - Your written application must stand on its merits. If you do not demonstrate how you meet the Selection Criteria (Skills/Experience) for the position you will not proceed through the selection process. The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or extensive experience in communications, media or public relations, particularly within a government or services environment.
- Proven leadership and organisational skills including a high degree of initiative and flexibility, the ability to manage resources to meet competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver corporate communication plans including the identification and analysis of key stakeholders and target audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex and technical information into accessible public information, including experience writing for different audiences.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strategic stakeholder relationships both internal and external to Roads and Maritime.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills including presentation skills.