Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. Our clients are undertaking a digital transformation as they use the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge to reach, engage, transact and improve their operations.
As an intelligent cloud Solutions Specialist you will translate customers business issues into cloud based technology solutions using a combination of Microsoft first party and ISV partner 3rd party software. By combining your deep understanding of the cloud applications and infrastructure technologies including the underpinning data platform and AI capabilities you will help clients to connect their business goals with technology solutions.
The role requires a specials person who is equally comfortable developing solutions and explaining concepts like VM’s, Serverless compute, Storage, Databases and IoT with developers and architects as they are at explaining value propositions like risk minimization, global reach and new customer experiences to business leaders in the boardroom.
Supported by Sales Executives you will develop the ‘franchise plan’ to determine which clients we serve with which value proposition at which time. Together with our network of Independent Software vendors and Systems integrators you will develop a scaled approach to drive core intelligent cloud and intelligent edge business results
As a digital sales model you will combine the latest selling techniques (skype/surface hub, linkedIn social selling etc ) to engage a wide network with your curated content and point of view (PoV).
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine needs and identify opportunities to fulfill these needs with Microsoft cloud services
- Being the first contact point for many customers, deliver strong first impression, and set foundation for long term customer relationship
- Communicate effectively with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email and social tools
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains, and become proficient conducting high-level demos of primary selling scenarios for solution
- Understand competitor solutions and products and drive compete messaging to increase Microsoft cloud services adoption in commercial and public sector accounts
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic teaming environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new leads through territory planning, call down campaigns, events, and demos and conduct personal campaigns to discover new opportunities
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by qualifying opportunities and selling with Microsoft partners
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly targets, including pipeline generation and activity based targets; accurately forecast pipeline generation
- Leverage best-in-class sales and communication tools to accelerate sales, maintain high daily activity, minimum ~60-90 activities/day
- 4-year degree preferred.
- 4-6+ years of applicable technology related sales or business development experience; preferably working within a technical sales environment.
- An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and solution partners
- Major or minor in computer science, mathematics or engineering preferred.
- Experience in one of these relevant fields is a bonus, computer science, mathematics or engineering.
- Understanding of cloud computing market and ability to develop deep expertise in Microsoft cloud services.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
Applications & Infrastructure:
Development languages such as .NET, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails or Pig/Hive
Migration virtual machines from private to public cloud environments
Software design or development
Systems Operations / Management
Data & Analytics:
Mission critical/OLTP platforms
Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge
Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.