Microsoft Inside Sales – Technical Solution Professional II
Are you passionate about new technologies and the potential of the next generation cloud? Would you love to work with a variety of companies to architect solutions to their toughest technological challenges?   Do you possess deep software and cloud understanding combined with strong communications and consultative capabilities? Are you looking for an opportunity to pursue a career at the intersection of technology and business, in a customer-facing Technical Solution Professional role? Microsoft's Marketing and Sales Center is looking for you!
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud.
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.   We were recently recognized as the most attractive global employer and have been and continue to be known for our exceptional citizenship and community efforts. We have offices and career opportunities in all 50 US states and 250+ countries around that world.
We invite you to start your journey in our new, state of the art Australia regional Marketing and Sales Center. As part of our team, you will chart a career across technical sales, technology, consulting and management roles as you help our customers leverage our leading cloud solutions to the fullest.
Be a part of a multi-generational, diverse and customer-obsessed team that demands excellence. Develop and apply your skills alongside the leading technology, marketing and sales experts with the support of a world class training regimen in a dynamic, fast-paced sales environment. And most importantly, achieve your personal goals and advance your career whether you are looking to develop your sales skills or dive deeper into the next generation of cloud services.
Microsoft is seeking multiple professionals with deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join our Marketing and Sales Center as Technical Solution Professional. The Technical Solution team consists of highly capable technologists that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. As a Technical Solution Professional, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers and sales reps to concept, prove and deploy customer business solutions into the Microsoft Cloud for Business offerings which include Office 365, Microsoft Azure as well as Dynamics CRM for sales productivity and business processes. You will own technical and solution envisioning with customers via Skype engagements including demos, custom demos, solution architectures, implementation plans and/or proof of concepts.
Internally, you are expected to conduct periodic group and one-on-one trainings for our inside sellers on subjects of your expertise through demos and presentations. You are also expected to be available to answer technical questions our sales personnel may have, facilitating their personal development and the effectiveness of the team more broadly. You will be measured on a set of individual, operational targets, as well as a team-level sales target on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
•      Interface with both the generalists and specialists in the Marketing and Sales Center, as well as partners of Microsoft; act as the key technical contact for our sales team and customers
•      Demonstrate aspects of the technical and business solution to customers over Skype for Business over voice and video; conduct group and one-on-one trainings on subjects of expertise
•      Execute quick technical feasibility assessments and support proposal development to deploy identified solutions to Microsoft cloud rapidly
•      Scope the technical and security architecture for customer solutions, select optimal migration paths for customer, build consumption plans, as well as execute limited POCs, if necessary
•      Document and share technical best practices and insights with the engineering and architect community
•      Audit and confirm implementation requirements and pricing calculations as required, so that the customer receives an accurate projection of anticipated costs in new services sought
•      Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics
•      Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitor
•      Prepare technical insights and key scenarios required to drive right technical and business solution outcomes; contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
•      Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
•      3-6+ years experience in a relevant field, for example computer science, mathematics or engineering. Sales experience appreciated as well
•      Passion and understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends
•      Desire to attain deep, L400 expertise in one of three Microsoft Cloud for Business solutions (Azure, Office 365 or Dynamics CRM)
•      Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
•      Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
•      Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
•      Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
•      Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Lync, Windows 8, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote and SharePoint); Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
•      Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
•      Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
•      Technology experience in one or more of the following areas:
o      Enterprise team based productivity tools such as document collaboration, email, instant messaging, voice or corporate social networking integration
o      Business and sales productivity tools such as Customer Relationship Management tools , e.g. SalesForce or Dynamics CRM
o      Development languages such as .NET, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails or Pig/Hive
•      Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure components:
o      Software design or development
o      Systems Operations / Management
o      Database architecture
o      IP Networking
o      IT Security
Multiple openings available