Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you love learning new things and collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of innovation at Microsoft? Azure is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring an Applications and Infrastructure Technical Sales Manager (TSM) to lead this change. As a Tech Sales Manager, you will lead a team of highly-talented and skilled cloud technical specialists that will work across the Sydney Inside Sales centre ensuring customers receive the highest quality technical guidance, organizing knowledge sharing across areas of expertise within the team and coaching team members.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. Our digital focused Inside Sales organization is a newly formed business with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, digital-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
- Build, motivate and retain a high-functioning team of Technical Sales Specialists (TSP) to support and drive sales conversations and attracting new Technical Solution Professionals into the team with a typical team size being 8+ employees
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue, consumption and pipeline, as well as operational metrics
- Accurately forecast, assess risk and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management
- Lead team members through example. Lead customer calls, demos, experience sessions, architecture plans over Skype for Business to model and train employees. Coach and mentor performance through joint customer calls
- Coach team members to utilize modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers
- Lead TSPs in conducting technical feasibility studies and proposal development, scoping the technical and security architecture for customer solutions, selecting optimal migration paths for customers, building a consumption plan, as well as executing limited POCs, if necessary
- Demonstrate aspects of the technical and business solution to customers over Skype for Business connections including live video
- Drive operational excellence of key centre metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity, accuracy, customer satisfaction, breadth of portfolio
- Provide readily available product training and technical learning opportunities for the sales team
- Improve technical and sales competency via mentoring; support individual professional development and growth
- Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors
- Lead preparation of technical insights and key scenarios required to drive right technical and business solution outcomes; contribute and lead customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Manage the collaboration and teaming of different roles such as Sales Development Specialists, Account Executives, Business Development Managers, Sales Solution Professionals and Consumption Analysts to effectively progress opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
- Manage employee performance from not meeting expectations to exceptional
- 8+ years of related experience: senior technical leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud Platform essential
- Sales, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.)
- Industry certifications including but not limited to: PMI, Selling, local technology associations, etc. a plus.
- Experience driving organizational transformations while delivering on short-term results;
- Strategic planner with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
- Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
- Meaningful non-Microsoft prior sales leader experience at IT Consulting and services or cloud services company.
- Bachelor degree: Required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.