We are looking for an experienced ICT manager to lead our ICT team in the effective delivery of QLS’s ICT infrastructure and systems to support corporate objectives.
Our ICT team provides strategic and operational information and communications technology leadership and management to QLS. Reporting to the CFO and General Manager of Corporate Services, you will lead a team of three IT professionals. This team is an integral partner to the business in achieving QLS’s vision through the development and implementation of effective ICT and through the delivery of quality client service.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and coordinate the effective design, implementation, operation, maintenance and monitoring of the ICT environment to ensure its efficient and timely operation.
- Work with the CFO/ GM Corporate Services to develop and implement QLS’s ICT strategy in support of the QLS strategic plan.
- Lead the ICT team to achieve agreed service standards and business outcomes.
- Lead the selection, installation and use of all computing and communications equipment and software.
- Work proactively and closely with the business on optimising the use of ICT solutions to business needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Information Management and IM team in the delivery of IM objectives and priorities.
- Build and nurture effective relationships with stakeholders including internal and external clients, QLS staff, vendors and other service providers.
- Provide expert advice to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team on ICT matters.
- Develop and manage the ICT capital and operating budget.
- Manage and deliver ICT projects on time and to budget.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in information technology or a related field (desirable).
- Proven practical experience in a similar role including management and provision of helpdesk support.
- Highly developed relationship management, negotiation and communication skills (both written and oral) with proven results in fostering positive client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team.
- Demonstrated experience and results in ICT strategic development and operational implementation.
- Well-developed ability to prioritise and manage multiple and diverse activities to meet organisational goals and objectives.
- Strong experience in systems administration and customer support in a complex environment which includes the following technologies: Windows 10, Windows Server and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Microsoft Office 365 hybrid exchange and Microsoft RDS, Cisco, Jetpoint firewall, Sophos Antivirus, VMWare virtualisation, Veeam backup, Active Directory, vSphere 51, IBM DS SAN storage tools.
- Network management skills and experience including switches, routers, DNS and DHCP management.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to review, recommend and implement process improvements.
Closing date: COB Friday 26 October 2018
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience. Please note that applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
For more information about the role, including obtaining a copy of the position description, please contact People and Culture firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3842 5919.
Why work for us
We're all here to build something great. We believe in what we do and we are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our members, the profession and community. We work hard for our members, yet we recognise the importance of a work life balance and a supportive work environment.
To achieve this, we provide our employees flexibility and an active health and wellness program. We encourage and support a social and collaborative environment through staff social events, cross team working groups, employee recognition program and many more initiatives.
As an organisation who is committed to leading change, we understand it's our people who help us achieve this. By joining the QLS team, you will help to build a society that genuinely cares about its members, its people and law in Queensland.