- Supporting the manufacturing of small arms for the civilian and military markets
- Permanent position with genuine work life balance
- Located in Lithgow, onsite parking (2 hours from Sydney)
Why Work with Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About the role:
Lithgow small arms facility designs, develops and manufactures a range of small arms for the civilian and military market place.
The skills and experience that we have at Lithgow are a vital resource and we are developing our business into a world leader in design and manufacturing for both the civilian and military environments.
The successful Cost/Management Accountant will have an analytical mindset and a knack for looking beyond the numbers to spot variances, address concerns and provide valuable guidance to management. You will possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills to effectively explain financial data to those outside of the Finance team.
As a strong communicator, you will be interacting at all levels of the business and analysing complex statistics and reports.
With new and exciting projects in the pipeline and substantial growth anticipated, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Working on all financial matters for the product costing and industrialisation business strategies involving deliveries of products or services
- Providing financial direction based on relevant, timely and accurate financial information in order to manage the risks and increase the value for shareholders;
- Supporting Operations through the preparation and validation of all economic and accounting information for production and inventory management and anticipates the necessary cost control actions with the objective of reduced costing through implementation of appropriate monitoring tools
- Establishes the financial control rules and ensure they are correctly applied
Key skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Accounting or similar with CA / CPA
- Experience in mainframe ERP systems would be advantageous
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to engage with stakeholders of all levels
- Previous experience in defence projects, engineering and/or manufacturing environment would be highly advantageous
Thales Australia is a multinational company with an excellent track record of providing adverse range of products, services and systems to defence and civil markets. Our size and diversity means our people have real career development and mobility opportunities, as well as the chance to get involved in nationally important projects.