CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
A new opportunity for the role of Human Resources Advisor has become available at CPB Contractors.
This is a permanent full-time position based in our head office in North Sydney
Reporting to the Group Manager Learning & Development and HR, you will be accountable for:
- Partner with the corporate client group to deliver generalist HR support
- Manage the end to end recruitment and selection process for the Corporate group, utilising cost-effective sourcing cannels (Seek, LinkedIn) and other social media
- Work closely with HR admin to manage employee changes including promotions, remuneration and position title changes
- Provide guidance and advice on legislative changes and interpretations of HR policies and procedures
- Facilitate training and coaching for employees and managers (including but not limited to induction, performance management, unconscious bias, EEO)
- Providing advice, coaching and support to managers
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR, Business management or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in a HR or recruitment role, ideally in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to interpret employment contracts and knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with employees, internal clients, external clients and other key stakeholders
- Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule own work to meet required timelines
- Ability to appropriately handle and exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information
- A reliable professional, who is resilient and eager to learn
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.