Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As our next HR Advisor reporting to the HR Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Mine Site based role | 8/6 FIFO roster, ex-Perth | Permanent full time opportunity
- Advise and provide comprehensive and operational assistance through the completion of a variety of HR related duties and tasks
- Utilise an established process, provide input into the development of tender proposals on the people issues
- Develop relationships with the HR counterparts of the projects’ clients to facilitate problem solving and resolve disputes
- Provide expert advice and policy interpretation to line managers on the full range of human resource policies and procedures
- Coordinate training, coaching and support to managers to ensure they are informed of their obligations when managing ER and IR issues
- Maintain good employee relations through the effective resolution of industrial issues and grievances, and provision of advice to Project managers, ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements
- Contribute to the continuous review, improvement and implementation of HR procedures, forms and processes
- 3+ years in a site based generalist or specialist ER/IR role providing operational support to internal clients
- Experience in the Mining Industry
- Degree in Human Resources, Organisation Psychology or related areas
- Experience in grievance handing and crisis management
- Ability to work within a team and be flexible with a “can do” attitude
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.