Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery. As such, we are looking to engage a Human Machine Interface (HMI) Technology Expertand play a key role in the delivery of a brand Air Traffic Management System.
- Provide expertise on the various technologies that are used to develop and support the new Air Traffic Management HMI
- Propose the introduction of new technologies after industrial de-risking mitigation plans
- Oversee the technical interface between the platform and the hardware technology
- Manage the obsolescence of HMI technology and associated COTS
- Coach and the support the HMI Development team and ensure that best practice are implemented
- Degree qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of HMI technology such as JAVA FX, Open GL, X11, Metacity
- Good knowledge of Web technology (HTML 5), Virtualisation technology
- Track record of software development on large scale projects
- Understanding of configuration management tools and continuous integration
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.