We are looking for a HSEQ Systems Manager to partner with the business in the design and implementation of a fully integrated management system. Our vision is to implement an integrated Health & Safety, Environment and Quality management system that will drive the delivery of improved services and products to our customers and communities, and along with this, take our core management systems to a level that can be certified to relevant ISO standards.
You will review all aspects of the current HSEQ and reporting systems to identify digital solutions and innovative approaches which will simplify and update our current systems, procedures and processes. Beyond the technical systems knowledge, you will be a collaborative leader as you engage with key business partners to ensure the HSEQ system design and deployment are fit for purpose and enable best practice processes.
About the role
As the HSEQ Systems Manager you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of Urban Utilities’ core management systems
- Ensure a collaborative approach to integrated management systems is adopted by developing avenues for dialogue, tapping into knowledge and intelligence, and seeking views from across Urban Utilities and externally
- Establish a project team to analyse the current and future state of HSEQ system requirements, reviewing the technical aspects of our existing core systems and operating model, and developing a road map for their integration
- Provide advice and status updates to the Audit and Risk Committee and Executive Leadership Team on the integration
- Lead the establishment of a strong constructive culture, responsive to strategic and operational imperatives
- Lead and develop a high performing team that engages across the business and delivers on agreed outcomes.
As an experienced systems and integration specialist, you will bring to this role:
- High level of demonstrated ability and success in setting the strategic direction and implementing integrated systems that comply with relevant ISO standards
- Significant experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of business support systems, including HSEQ management system processes and tools
- High level problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to summarise complex issues, identify and assess potential risks, and manage complex and confidential information in a large commercial organisation
- Ability to influence cultural change to deliver a successful implementation and improved outcomes.
Knowledge of the infrastructure sector would be beneficial but it will be your ability to find opportunity for improvement, challenge the way things are done, and provide creative solutions that will set you apart.
At Urban Utilities we believe in creating an inclusive culture where all our people are supported, differences are respected, and individuals’ contributions, knowledge, skills and experiences are valued and encouraged. We see the value in creating diversity of thought within our business. As a valued employee at Urban Utilities, you will enjoy access to development and coaching programs, and access to health and wellbeing initiatives. Not to mention an amazing employee benefits program.
This position is a 2 year contract.
Please apply via Seek. If you have any questions, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 7 August 2018.