- Based in Rydalmere
- Utilise your high-level strategic sourcing and execution skills within our Ground Transportation Systems business
- Work for an industry leader who offer excellent career opportunities and great benefits and rewards
Why work for Thales?
At Thales we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your wellbeing counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
Our commitment extends through our generous benefits package; that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing your career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About Thales and our opportunity
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solution of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence top question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development.
This role is focussed within our Ground Transportation Systems business. As the Procurement Project Manager, you will be responsible for all procured aspects of the programme delivery. You will be an integral part of an integrated team, providing a single procurement interface to the relevant programme stakeholders whilst maintaining professional procurement and best practice standards.
Specifically you will ensure best procurement solutions through:
- Early engagement in the bid phase in order to optimise the solution and propose innovative supply chain approaches
- Overseeing the management of suppliers, coordinating regular reviews, driving continuous improvement and addressing performance issues
- Effective stakeholder management across business development, bids, project delivery and the engineering community
- Challenging the needs and requirements of procured items and promoting a design-to-cost approach
- Defining and executing a clear procurement strategy with targets, budgets and KPIs, as well as ensuring the execution of the plan
- Monitoring procurement costs, savings, risks, as well as legal and regulatory requirements
- Fostering synergies with the overall procurement activities in Australia, as well adherence to Group Procurement policies
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive experience within a large and complex matrix environment, preferably within engineering or transportation, with strong exposure to bid and proposal procurement activities.
You will be adept at building sound, collaborative relationships with business stakeholders. In addition, strong negotiation skills and management of contract spends up to $50 million in value is preferred. Preferably you will hold CIPS certification or equivalent procurement related credentials.
If you are seeking a highly strategic role within a fast-paced environment within a growing, global business offering excellent career development and opportunities, we encourage you to apply today.