CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group’s construction company, with operations spanning Australia, Asia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. Our aim is to become the strongest construction company in the regions and sectors in which we operate.
About the role
A new opportunity for a Group Manager, Indigenous & Social Inclusion (I&SI) has become available within the CPB Contractors Group Human Resources team. Reporting to the General Manager, Human Resources, this is a permanent full-time position based in our North Sydney head Office.
The primary purpose of this role is to drive strategic direction and governance in indigenous participation & social inclusion to enhance work-winning and project delivery.
- Implementation of a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Develop and achieve I&SI targets for participation and procurement spend
- Monitor business performance against set targets in the IS&I strategy
- Ensure client expectations are achieved
- Identify and develop Indigenous resources the business
- Develop systems which support the business processes, measurement and reporting for I&SI outcomes
- Develop I&SI process to identify key Indigenous suppliers on projects and BU’s
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role the candidate will have the following skills, experience and demonstrate the below competencies:
- Degree or post-graduate qualifications in Business Administration, Human Resources, Indigenous Studies or other associated disciplines
- 5 years’ + experience in a social procurement or similar role
- 5 years’ + experience in Indigenous Affairs
- Substantial experience in large, complex organisations with operational workforces
- Strong knowledge of government policies and requirements in the construction industry
- High level communication and interpersonal skills