Graduate Engineer - Laing O'Rourke - Grafton/Yamba/Ballina
The Pacific Complete consortium, comprising two firms with extensive experience in delivering Australia's most complex infrastructure, Laing O'Rourke and WSP, is partnering with the NSW Government's Pacific Highway Office to deliver the Woolgoolga to Ballina upgrade.
Laing O'Rourke is a $7 billion engineering enterprise dedicated to challenging and changing the face of construction worldwide. The business has delivered some of Australia's largest, most technically complex projects within the transport, oil and gas, building construction, defence, airports, mining, marine, civil and social infrastructure sectors.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke is recruiting for a Graduate Engineer to join Pacific Complete. You will join an expert team to deliver the $4.3b billion Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade – Australia's largest regional infrastructure project.
You will be responsible in assisting the Construction Design and Engineering Manager to ensure that the design documentation satisfies the specified design criteria and is delivered and approved in a timely manner, consistent with the project program and construction requirements.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining RFI and design change registers;
- Tracking of RFIs through CPS cycle and liaise with CPS document controller to ensure all updated documents have correct QA and revision status applied;
- Liaise with CPS document controller to ensure all updated documentation is provided to relevant contractor and PC teams;
- Liaise with the site management team and discipline leads to ensure issue are resolved in a timely manner;
- Liaise with the CPS functional and design discipline staff on design related issues;
- Review timesheet bookings against agreed upper limiting fee and raise discrepancies to the Portion CPS engineer and Technical manager and;
- Interface with adjacent portions to ensure that common issues are shared and that the interface between portions are coordinated.
You will have
Have at least 1 year engineering design experience in road design, drainage services or other civil engineering design, and have studied an Engineering course.
At Laing O'Rourke we work hard to create an environment that brings out the very best in our people. We believe in building careers amid a safe, connected and innovative culture – not just creating jobs.
We want to equip all our people with the skills they need to be part of a dynamic Engineering Enterprise.
We have our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to industry-leading learning tools to help every employee acquire the core competencies and skills needed to excel in this fast-changing environment.
We have committed to a number of policies and programs to improve our gender composition, including our industry-leading paid parental leave policy, where the primary carer is entitled to 26 weeks of paid leave, 18 of which are at full pay and eight weeks at half pay.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.