As a company Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We empower our own people to achieve more and make a difference in the world. Join us and be one who empowers billions!
In the Enterprise Commercial group, we believe the path for our enterprise customers to achieve more is through transformation to digital technologies in support of digital business models. Microsoft has the strongest end-to-end value proposition for digital transformation; our products and solutions help enterprises engage their customers, empower their employees, optimize their operations, and transform their products.
You will be responsible for defining a strategic vision for one of Microsoft’s largest and most impactful global Natural Resources customers and leading the transformation with this specific account’s CxO level IT and Business Development Manager (BDM) connections. This requires leadership skills and ability to challenge conventional thinking. Driving aggressive growth, increasing share of wallet and competitive wins will serve as objective measuring sticks. Success will come through customer alignment across levels and highly organized virtual team coordination on a global scale. Knowledge and detailed insight of region specific challenges and opportunities will prove a deep understanding of the customer’s business.
A thorough understanding of customer initiatives and challenges will allow you to tie MS capabilities to any c-suite desired outcome and deliver a world class plan for customer growth including a strategy for strengthening key relationships at all levels. The resulting impact will be clear, tangible business value with the customer.
Leveraging your own deep industry expertise, customer knowledge and available Microsoft resources, you will drive credibility and confidence with the customer. The resulting impact will define Microsoft as a true partner in the eyes of the customer.
Primary responsibilities of an Enterprise Commercial Account Executive are:
- Quickly define opportunity and coordinate multiple resources, internally and externally.
- Map joint plans to customer timelines with launch of their products to drive added sell-with value.
- Lead and challenge customer with clear strategic vision of digital transformation.
- Drive Executive conversations both in and outside IT.
- Grow the account YOY across revenue and consumption.
- Expand and improve relationships and satisfaction
- Build a compelling strategy for growing the account
- As leader of a global virtual team, manage and execute global geographic resource management
- Deliver substantial industry and customer insight leveraging all available assets to elevate customer confidence.
- Be a change agent with flexibility to respond to evolving trends, regional dynamics and blockers.
- Ensure customer identifies MS as a transformational partner delivering significant business value
- Identify sell-with growth opportunity.
- Scale with partners that deliver innovative solutions thereby driving new value in market.
- Emphasize and lead a One Microsoft approach to customer engagement, including sell-to, sell-with and sell-through opportunities.
Applicants should have:
- Ability to lead strategically while balancing tactical accountabilities.
- Solution seeking mentality, excited by challenge
- Global/International experience to lead multi-cultural diverse and remote teams.
- Challenger-based mindset and approach
- Deep understanding of key competitive technologies and/or specific industries
- Ability to orchestrate and navigate effectively in a large, complex environment
- Talent and skill to influence and motivate global virtual teams and other valuable stakeholders.
- The ability to articulate the advantages of Microsoft technologies comfortably to C-Level and senior business decision makers
- Ability to understand complex customer business problems and articulate solutions with Microsoft capabilities
- Deep industry subject matter expertise is desired, i.e. Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, Public Sector
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is preferred
- 10-15 years of selling technology solutions to large global enterprises
- 5+ years experience of selling cloud solutions to large global enterprises
- Demonstrated success selling to Business Decision Makers AND IT
- Flexibility to travel upto 40%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.