The Yield is an award winning AgTech company, based in Surry Hills. We are growing rapidly and offer an amazing cohesive culture, where you can grow, learn and contribute. We are committed to a culture of diversity, building great products and making a real difference.
Our offering is an Internet of Things (IoT) agricultural technology, to help farmers improve their yields and profitability using a range of on-farm sensors, analytics and apps as an end-to-end subscription service.
The Yield partner with some of the global giants in technology, including Bosch and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration, both internally and externally.
We are seeking to appoint a General Manager of Product Engineering to ensure our IoT solution maintains its first-class status and makes a positive impact to our farmers. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating end to end solutions that solve real world problems in the food and agriculture industry.
As the General Manager of Product Engineering, you will be responsible for defining and executing the strategic direction of The Yield’s technology platform and its digital solutions. The GM of Product Development will lead a team to deliver world-class IoT solutions to the market in a fast-moving environment.
As a member of the leadership team, GM Product Engineering will contribute and formulate medium-term goals and objectives. The focus is on developing the necessary strategies for achieving the corporate objectives.
We are looking for someone innovative, inspiring, flexible and eager to push the technology boundaries. Someone who is focused on continuous optimisation, quality and delivery of reliable, scaleable and repeatable solutions.
This is not your ordinary Product Engineering role… this is a unique opportunity to work on an award-winning solution and be the first of its kind to push boundaries in IoT, Big data and revolutionise the farming industry and our worlds food supplies.
To be successful you will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience developing innovative enterprise systems from conception to go live in digital, big data, or IoT and to achieve this on time and within budget
- Experience in Agile Software Delivery Methodologies
- Experience managing a departmental P&L
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to executive and non-technical staff
- A true problem solver, with high attention to detail, proven analysis skills and a real desire to identify causes and resolve issues
- Proven experience leading and developing a diverse team of individuals
- Experience developing solutions using Microsoft technologies (Desirable)
- A passion for technology in the IoT, Digital and Big Data arena
If you are interested in the position, please send your resume to Natalie at email@example.com. For a confidential discussion call 02 8023 5644.