- 12 month contract with the possibility of extension and/or permanency
- Newly created position
- Be a part of AGL’s market leading investment in renewables
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager Gas & Renewables, the Project Manager is responsible for the scoping, planning, scheduling and delivery of projects within the Gas & Renewables portfolio. This includes the provision of the project management, delivery of projects works and full accountability for time, cost and quality of delivery.
This role will work in close collaboration with Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance in delivering project objectives. All works will be delivered in line with the Project Management Framework, supporting the achievement of the Asset’s operational and financial objectives and targets.
- Provide project life cycle services that offer safe and cost effective solutions
- Investigate innovative contract management opportunities and assess risks for the Assets
- Develop and maintain the Project Management standards and reporting systems for the control of projects
- Manage and oversee all aspects of project implementation including
- Preparing project plans
- Identifying, scheduling, and coordinating resources
- Ensuring appropriate control systems are in place
- Developing and managing budgets
- Negotiating reporting requirements
- Quality control and assurance.
Key to your success in this role will be your previous project delivery experience as a Project Manager or Outages Manager in a renewables generation environment. You will also possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering and project management are highly desirable.
- Ability to work within key AS/NZ/ISO documents including PMBOK (ISO 21500 Project Management Principles), AS/NZ/ISO 31000 Risk Management, AS/NZ/ISO 10006 Quality Management systems Projects, AS 4817 Earned Value Management and GO Handbook.
- Interpersonal skills with high quality written and verbal communication skills and strong mentoring skills.
- Ability to create a sense of need to achieve organisational goals in line with a clear overall vision through planning, managing performance, motivating people and role modelling desired behaviours.
- Understanding of financial and risk management principles.
- Ability to participate in and/or lead successful projects, using strong communication and organisational skills to balance conflicting priorities and manage resources.
- Ability to listen, interpret and convey information in a clear and accurate manner, providing timely delivery of information and selecting the most appropriate method of communication.
- Ability to Identify and analyse situations and/or issues, consider options, develop solutions, and decide on, implement and monitor appropriate solutions.
- Leadership or participation experience in policy development through consultation, stakeholder engagement, scoping needs, development, implementation and review with an understanding of Project Governance.
- Experience in the application of quality management methods and techniques, including ability to provide concise, timely and accurate project status reporting.
- A focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences and well developed communication skills are essential
What’s in it for you
You’ll be working with our high focus portfolio of renewable assets and get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business.
You will be exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career, working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of the AGL Gas and Renewables business, as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733 or email@example.com .