At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance, within the Yandi Fixed Plant Maintenance team you will be responsible for ensuring the safe execution of maintenance activities within the OHP, Train Loadout and other associated Fixed Plant equipment. Driving a culture change in Standardised work will be a key element of this role to support the overall business plan.
Additional duties include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Carry out responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner ensuring compliance with the BHPBIO Safety System.
- Oversee, direct and coordinate allocated personnel, including apprentices, OEMs and all other contractors, to ensure all tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participate in Safety System requirements such as auditing, inspections and CRM activities, Planned task observations, Critical Control Observations
- Manage all breakdowns across our fixed plant assets and respond according to priority.
- Maintain a knowledge and understanding of the costs of maintenance. Assist the Superintendent with budget and cost control processes by managing the day-to-day costs within agreed levels and reporting on overruns and underruns.
- In collaboration with Maintenance Superintendent, actively review the plans generated to ensure plans are logical and realistic. Plan and execute unscheduled work resulting from breakdown or backlog.
- Ensure all work is completed as scheduled to quality and safety standards and customer requirements. In collaboration with Maintenance Superintendent,
- Ensure data integrity by using the 1 SAP systems as the primary source of maintenance information.
- Ensure improvements to the quality of maintenance information by reporting inaccurate data and following through to ensure correction occurs and master data is updated.
- Ensure that monitoring tools such as KPIs and other standard measures are utilised to improve maintenance processes. Participate in equipment performance reviews and develop action plans to achieve improvements.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering or trade qualification and relevant experience in a fixed plant environment. Exposure to Computerised Maintenance Systems (1SAP) and Microsoft office suite is essential, in order to drive work management compliance. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, allowing you to build relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levelsAt BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference ID - 63994
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.