- Based in Garden Island with some national travel required
- Positioned within a high value and growing business unit
- Work for an industry leader who offer excellent career opportunities and great benefits and rewards
Developing your career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About Thales and our opportunity
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solution of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence top question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development.
As Financial Controller for our Maritime business you will be responsible for taking a leading in the finance function to support the achievement of the overall business strategy. You will contribute to the Senior Leadership of Maritime and provide financial direction based on relevant, timely and accurate financial data, in order to manage risks and support increased value for stakeholders.
You will manage and develop a team of finance professionals, including Project Accountants, and focus on continuous improvement and driving efficiencies and productivity across the Finance function.
Specifically your role will include:
- Supporting large and complex bids and programmes that the business delivers with specific focus on the commercial and financial elements
- Identifying economic improvement initiatives and monitor their implementation
- Preparing forecasts and simulations and monitor these against all financial KPI’s and targets
- Ensuring that economic and financial aspects are accounted for when strategic decisions are made including management of risks and opportunities
- Providing clear analysis and explanations to Thales Corporate, Country Corporate, Global Business Unit, Country Business Unit, Business Line and External Auditors as and when required.
- Ensuring the integrity of financial information presented to the business and to all statutory and regulatory bodies as and when required.
- Contributing and adhering to Thales policies, processes and associated objectives, ensuring implementation within the different areas of activity: business control, accounting, treasury and financial engineering; in addition ensuring taxation and risk insurance compliance.
- Leading, developing and supporting the career development of the Maritime finance team
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive experience within a large and complex matrix environment, within a similar industry, strong financial control skills and a business improvement focus.
You will have previous success in leading and developing high performing teams and building sound, collaborative relationships with business stakeholders. You will possess a strong business acumen and the ability to demonstrate success in leading the finance content on large complex multinational bids. Your experience will also be supported by a completed a relevant commerce qualification and possess CA/CPA.
The successful candidate must meet citizenship and ITARS requirements.