The purpose of this role is to ensure that finance and business administration for AGL’s Renewables operation complies with AGL policies and procedures for expenditure management. This will entail direct coaching, training and educating of colleagues on the correct procedures for expenditure management at AGL. In addition, this role will support AGL Group Finance in budget preparation and financial reporting requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is experienced in managing systems, has strong stakeholder relationship skills and excellent administrative skills to take on a varied role, and make this role their own. Ideally, you will have hands-on finance experience with an administrative background.
- Ensure that budgeting and expenditure is undertaken in compliance with AGL Group Finance Standards Assist to define and manage delivery of new products
- Add value by proactively advising of emerging issues with regard to expenditure and procedures.
- Assist Group Finance in deliver monthly reports on budget performance
- Prepare regular, accurate reports on expenditure activity
- Work closely with Renewables stakeholders to ensure reports are timely and effective in managing performance
- Provide administrative assistance to business requirements, such as contract management and vehicle fleet management
- Assist with other ad hoc administrative tasks and be involved in project or improvement initiatives
- High level initiative and willingness to learn
- Good accounting knowledge relevant to a maintenance operation
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build relationships with ease
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, in particular Excel
- Strong accounting software skills and computer skills
- SAP experience will be highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
At AGL we support workplace flexibility. We also understand that flexibility means different things to different people so have a chat to us about how this can work for you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.