Do you want to be help change the world? Do you want to help reimagine the way governments deliver critical services and engage with citizens?
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, innovating what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organisations.
Joining Microsoft as the Federal and ACT Branch Leader, you’ll bring global and broad expertise to lead our federal strategy, build and nurture our public sector ecosystem which includes our employees, future talent, partner organisations and startups.
At Microsoft we help government clients reimagine how cloud technologies can be used to help solve tough challenges and enhance the citizen digital experience.
As an innovative industry advocate, you’ll lead a team (which includes account executives, technical account sellers and industry focused sellers) passionate in partnering with our government clients.
You will provide future focused sales leadership accelerating our customers’ digital transformation aspirations.
In this role you’ll lead with inspiration, be a great sales coach, have a challenger mindset, be fluent in sales-leadership practice and able to lead with vision and flawless execution.
As a Transformational Leader
- Lead the transformation of our teams including Sales, Technical and Industry Sellers, to ensure we deliver value and satisfaction for all public sector customers
- Helping and guiding our customers in making their own digital transformations
- Bring global vision and strategy expertise to drive increased collaboration for ACT within the broader organisation
As a Sales Leader
- Over achieving on our Sales, Customer Usage and Customer Satisfaction Goals
- Motivating Sales Managers and Sellers, both relationship and technical, providing value to our customers throughout their own lifecycles
- Be resourceful and operating in frictionless cross-team orchestration; bringing together all our global and local perspectives to consistently show up to our Customers/Partners and stakeholders as One Microsoft
As a Customer, Partner and Market Luminary
- Established, sought-after spokesperson and recognized expert in relevant local regulatory and policy environments, opening doors and removing barriers for our sales teams, partners and customers
- Partner advocate – driving innovation customers and scale to our business through partner co–selling motions
As a People Leader
- Attracting and leading a diverse sales organisation of high impact relationship, technical and industry sellers and sales managers plus thinking about talent of the future
- Creating a sales team environment of ambition, that continually develops and fosters talent growth
- Leading by example to provide inspirational Coaching Culture which empowers our people to deliver and learn
As an Innovator
- Actively promotes a deep culture of learning
- Continuous sharing of learning and insight within the sales organisation and across, local, regional and global teams
- Inspires by role modelling a growth mindset
Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 10+ years of related experience: Senior sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies, leadership roles in multi-tiered large organisations
- Meaningful non-Microsoft prior work experience at one of the following: IT Consulting or Services company such as McKinsey, Accenture, SAP, EDS, KPMG or the equivalent; Competing Cloud and software companies, - Google, Oracle, IBM, SalesForce.com, VMWare, Cisco, AMZN
- Demonstrated experience leading large technical sales organisations, selling and delivering complex solutions to enterprise customers
- Demonstrated experience leading organisational transformations while delivering on short-term results;
- Strategic leadership with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
- Strong leadership & exceptional interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organisational boundaries
- Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
- Experienced in complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), sales methodologies (equivalent to MSP), broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, industry knowledge
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.