- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- 2x Level B positions available
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work.
The School of Computer Science offers high quality accredited degrees in computer science, and software engineering, has strong links with industry and a robust research ethos.
Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre (CyberCRC)
The CyberCRC has been funded for 7 years by the Commonwealth Government’s Cooperative Research Centres Program and has also attracted significant funding from its participants. The CyberCRC is an industry-driven collaboration to create and enhance Australian cyber security capability. With two research programs, ‘Critical Infrastructure Security’ and ‘Cyber Security Solutions as a Service’, the CyberCRC will deliver innovative research, education and training outcomes that solve core challenges for public and private sector partners, with flow on effects for broader industry and community. It will support the training and development of the future Australian cyber security workforce through traditional education programs with university and industry partners; cross-seed knowledge from a range of disciplines across industry and academia to influence innovative approaches to cyber security; and build awareness of cyber security habits and risks. The Cyber CRC has 25 participants which includes 19 industry and government entities and 6 universities.
The CyberCRC fosters collaboration with industry, academia, and government to deliver collaborative research outcomes articulated by industry and government. This research will solve real-world problems that organisations face today and that, in the future, we can deliver these solutions to industry, government and all Australians, while developing over the next 7 years the cyber security workforce of the future that will be embedded into our participant organisations.
This role will involve the following duties:
- Conduct research on the assigned project(s) with minimum supervision either as a member of a team or, where appropriate, independently, and the production or contribution to the production of conference and seminar papers and publications
- Building and evaluating appropriate prototypes/testbeds based on the outcomes of the research to be carried out
- Attendance at group and project meetings
- Advice within the field of research to post-graduate students in consultation with the senior researcher
Salary: (Level B) $96,135 - $113,788 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% will apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately for 3 Years funded by the Cyber Security CRC.
To be successful you should have:
- PhD in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or closely related area (completed)
- Demonstrated ability in conducting and publishing high quality research on one or more of the topics related to Secure Software Engineering, Platforms and Architecture for Resilient Software Systems, Human Factors in Secure Software Engineering, Automation and Orchestration Platforms, and Cyber Security Tools Integration
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of one or more of the Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods, Security and/or Privacy by Design, Digital Forensic, Predictive Security Analytics, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Continuous Software Development and Security. Your knowledge of the indicated areas can be from technical or socio-technical perspective
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience or willingness to gain knowledge of the fundamental knowledge areas, challenges, and solutions of secure and integrated platforms and architecture for domains like Digital Health Care, Smart Utilities, Defence Systems, and Autonomous Transportation
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more programming/scripting technologies for research and development of Secure Software and/or automation tools.
- Demonstrated experience in working on industry-driven research problems and establishing and maintaining close collaborative relations with industry partners
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a research team by contributing to the mentoring of PhD and graduate/undergraduate students
- Knowledge and/or willingness to gain knowledge and carry out research related to secure software engineering and cyber security
- Track record and/or ability to contribute to research proposals for seeking external funding
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor M. Ali Babar, +618 8313 4478 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
**Closing date: 11.55pm, 11 November 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply