See yourself in our team
Risk Management ensures the Group has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks. The Group Operational Risk team holds itself accountable for maintaining an effective Operational Risk Management Framework to support each business unit to achieve their strategic objectives.
Do work that matters
Reporting to the Head of Operational Risk Frameworks, Advice & Oversight you will actively partner with the Business Unit operational risk teams to optimise operational risk management and drive a One Risk team approach under our operating model.
Other key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:-
- Driving a deep understanding of Business Unit strategies and priorities, to facilitate end-to-end accountability for operational risk from framework setting to deployment across the Group by the EGM Operational Risk. Whilst also acting as the relationship manager and key point of contact, proactively managing relationships across the operational risk community, including Business Unit Line 2 and Line 1 teams.
- Continuous improvement of the ORMF and operational risk practices/processes to ensure they remain fit-for-purpose and drive the risk-informed decisions and risk management outcomes across the Group.
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Deep functional understanding of operational risk frameworks and how they impact an organisation.
- Strong understanding of the banking regulatory environment, including APRA prudential standards, ASIC regulation, and other key domestic and global regulation.
- Commercial acumen, well developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills for prioritising demands, addressing inquiries and developing successful stakeholder relationships with senior management across the Group.
- Previous consulting or business experience across Line 1, business-facing and / or group Line 2, and/or Line 3 roles will be well regarded.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.