About your team & the business
The IB&M Data Office is accountable for developing and executing on IB&M’s data strategy, data policy & standards, governance and ensuring value is derived from our data through efficiently creating reusable data assets.
The team’s vision is to leverage data and information to enhance the financial well being of our customers. We are also committed to providing high quality data to manage our business and meet regulatory obligations and Group standards. We provide a range of services to our internal customers across underlying business units including data strategy, data management and data quality uplift. We work closely with our technology partners and delivery programs to realise strategic data architecture that enhances our data assets.
About your role
This role reports to the Head of the IB&M Data Office and works in collaboration with the Group Data Office, Portfolio & Client Analytics, underlying business units’ data stakeholders and data owners, data stewards and the IB&M Data Office team.
Joining the core leadership and execution team you will drive the IB&M data strategy and data management practice road map.
You will work with internal stakeholders, where you will gain unique insight and understanding of the critical business processes and the strategic projects of the various business units. You will utilise cutting-edge data technologies to solve our hardest data centric problems. One of your key responsibilities will be working with technology partners, projects and business units to implement strategic data management practices across data warehouse infrastructure to drive better data and data-related outcomes for the business
What will your impact be?
- Develop and implement a data management framework, working closely with technology partners, Group and business stakeholders to execute initiatives and ongoing programs focused on metadata data collection, data linage, data integration, ETL optimisation, data integrity and quality
- Complete analysis to support the creation, development and implementation of a strategic data strategy to support both our Internal and external customers through enhancing data architecture & infrastructure, productivity and efficiency
- Contribute to thought leadership enabling analytics and business teams to deliver and innovate world class data centric solutions by championing and developing re-useable data assets within resilient data infrastructure
- Understand our internal and external customers' core business objectives and build end-to-end data centric solutions to address them
- Perform and manage complex root cause analysis of data or information issues and recommend action plans or prepare business cases to resolve the identified root cause
- Categorise, monitor and measure data quality outcomes over periods of time, designing volume, trending and performance reporting for team and managerial consumption
- Contribute to the conversation of business needs into functional designs, work with technical colleagues to clarify details and optimise the solutions, working across the IB&M Data Office team when required, in order to deliver on changes or enhancements
See yourself in our team? We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- 5-10 years working with data technologies, supporting the establishment of data warehouse solutions and implementing data management practices
- 3+ years of experience of data management experience using Ab Initio in your current
- Experience in understanding and implementing ETL system processes and best practice for data mobility
- Advanced SQL skills – with the ability to build solutions that are fit for purpose, perform well with large data volume and complex data transformation rules, and reliable to operate
- Strong knowledge of data structures, relational databases, algorithms, operating systems, and logical data models
- Experience in working with big data platforms and data management utilities including Oracle, SQL, Hadoop, SAS, MS Azure, AWS & Teradata and strong programming skills in at least one language (e.g. Java, Python)
- Acquired knowledge of industry best practices for Data Management
If this sounds like you, apply now!
This role has high visibility and high impact, offering the opportunity to reinforce and stretch a number of critical regulatory, risk management and leadership skills.
Your ability to demonstrate the many skills required of you to a high level, combined with your active role-modelling of the Group’s values and people capabilities, will support you in having access to many and varied opportunities at senior levels.